BEFORE YOUR TAN:
- Exfoliate thoroughly for the 1 -2 days before the spray tan, with special attention to elbows, knees, heels, and hands using a non-oily scrub (we highly recommend TOUGH STUFF shown below & Tan Eraser mitt).
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours before the spray tan if possible.
- Do not apply any body moisturiser before your spray tan.
- Do not wear make up or jewellery to your spray tan appointment (unless easily removed).
- Wear loose clothing (and shoes, flip flops are best) to wear after your spray tan.
- Prepare what you want to wear whilst tanning. Most people go for just a thong, naked or a strapless bikini. I have disposible thongs if required.
AFTER YOUR TAN
- Wear loose clothing the rest of the day or night after your spray tan, remembering your feet! Flip flops are best in summer, Uggs are good for winter.
- Do not shower or get wet during the processing time. The length of time will be discussed with you at your appointment.
- Do not exercise or sweat excessively after your spray tan, it could influence the development.
- Do not get in contact with leather until you showered - it will stain.
- Do moisturize regularly using an oil-free moisturiser as this keeps your spray tan longer (once you have showered off the guide colour) you can buy a special oil-free moisturiser from me at the salon or on Amazon (shown below).
- Do not get into contact with oil for the duration of the week as this will strip your spray tan.
- Choose warm showers over hot baths to prolong the life of your tan.
- Pat dry with a towel, never rub, particularly when drying your hands.
- Exfoliate after 5 - 6 days if you need to, only on rough areas like knees, heels and elbows and respray hands and face with Sienna X tanning mist available from me to prolong your tan to up to 10-12 days.
- Do use Sienna X top ups to prolong your tan to 2 weeks. Ask me for samples and advice.
- Do have a long bath at the end of your tan to soak it all off using exfoliator ready for your next tan.
- Do go for regular spray tans for a continuous colour giving you a year-round tan without the problems of premature ageing and skin cancer
Please do not have a spray tan if you are in your first trimester of pregnancy, having breathing difficulties, or are allergic to self-tan.