- Exfoliate thoroughly before the spray tan, with special attention to elbows, knees, heels, and hands using a non-oily scrub (we highly recommend TOUGH STUFF shown below & Tan Eraser mitt)
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours before the spray tan if possible
- Do not apply any moisturiser or makeup before your spray tan
- Do not wear make up or jewellery to your spray tan appointment (unless easily removed)
- Wear loose clothing (and shoes, flip flops are best) to wear after your spray tan
- Prepare what you want to wear whilst tanning. Most people go for just a thong, naked or a strapless bikini. I have disposible thongs if required
After Your Spray Tan
- Wear loose clothing the rest of the day or night after your spray tan, remembering your feet! Flip flops are best
- Do not shower for at least 10-12 hours (better still next morning, it can take 24 hours for the tan fully develop) or just 2-4 hours for Cocoa Brown
- Do not exercise or sweat excessively after your spray tan, it could influence the development
- Do not get in contact with leather until you showered - it will stain
- Do moisturize regularly using an oil-free moisturiser as this keeps your spray tan longer (once you have showered off the guide colour) you can buy a special oil-free moisturiser from me at the salon or on Amazon (shown below)
- Do not get into contact with oil as this will strip your spray tan
- Choose cool showers over baths to prolong the life of your tan
- Pat dry with a towel, never rub
- Exfoliate after 5 - 6 days if you need to, only on rough areas like knees, heels and elbows and respray hands and face with Sienna X tanning mist available from me to prolong your tan to up to 2 weeks!
- Do use Sienna X top ups to prolong your tan to 2 weeks. Ask me for samples and advice
- Do have a long bath on the 7th or 8th day of your tan to soak it all off using exfoliator ready for your next tan
- Do go for regular Sienna-X spray tanning top ups, this will build and extend your life of your tan for a continuous colour giving you a year-round tan without the problems of premature ageing and skin cancer
The Sienna X range of products are designed to protect and prolong your tan. Using their body wash and moisturiser are really easy ways of extending your tan naturally. Both are available to buy from me at £12 each.
Please do not have a spray tan if you are in your first trimester of pregnancy, having breathing difficulties, or are allergic to self-tan.